Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Saturday 18 April 2015

#MySexySaturday Nothing Says I've Got You, Babe, Like Taking Out the Mob for the One You Love!

Welcome to the 88th week of My Sexy Saturday. 
 
This week’s theme is Sexy’s Got You, Babe and is based upon the old Sonny and Cher song, I’ve Got You, Babe. This is all about the lovers who are always there for each other. Rent’s due, no money yet they have each other; life’s throwing them a curve ball, they have each other; job expectations aren’t panning out yet they still have each other. You get the idea. Their external odds maybe be insurmountable, or seem that way, yet they have one another held firmly in their love.

Well it's not rent or money issues, but when the mob is out to get you, you want this guy at your back. A snippet from Law & Order : Crime & Chaos (Always Cambridge Book Four)

 EXCERPT: 

The next thing I knew, the sliding door was thrown open and daylight streamed into the van, blinding me. I braced, waiting for the pain of the bullets to rip through me.

“Holly!”


“Randy! Randy!” I sobbed, scrambling between the bodies of the two men with me to get to him. I didn’t know if it was safe to get up but all I could think of was getting to him. I barely saw him in the doorway holding an automatic weapon in one hand, his other arm open ready to catch me. I leapt at him. He caught me and swung me out of the van. I tightened my arms around his neck as I looked over his shoulder. There were bodies and blood and body parts all over the pavement. I knew in an instant Randy had just killed several of the men who now littered the ground. He killed them before they killed me.


Sirens blared in the distance, coming towards us fast.


With me in his arms, Randy ran to the third van. The sliding door opened and we dove inside. The door shut behind us.


“Jesus Christ! What the fuck are you guys doing?” Randy bellowed at our Bureau liaisons. He continued to hold me tight as I trembled in his arms. But I could feel his own strong body quake too.


“I think you got them all,” Franco breathed.


“No fuckin’ shit!” Randy raged. “Did you fuck-ups even fire a fuckin’ shot?”


BLURB: Always Cambridge 4 Law & Order : Crime & Chaos 

 The wheels of justice might turn slowly, but destiny's punishment can be swift and merciless.

    The Always Cambridge Series chronicles the life of Holly Cambridge through her tumultuous childhood, violent teen years into adulthood, and the consequences that stem from being the daughter of mob boss, Bill Cambridge.
    

In the next highly charged installment of the Always Cambridge Saga, all the men in Holly’s life come together in one common goal—to keep the woman they love alive.


Special Agent Alex Orton of the FBI prepares Holly for the rigorous court proceedings to come, where she will testify not only against her own family, but also against the Mayhue crime family, including Victor’s volatile and sinister older brother, Lorenzo.
    

However, in the midst of all the personal turmoil, Holly’s first love and former bodyguard, Randy Phillips, emerges from the chaos. He vows to not only stand by her through the trials, but accompany her into Witness Protection and her afterlife, if in fact they make it that far, as both the Mayhue and Cambridge crime families swear retribution.
    

But in a twist of law and fate, Lorenzo Mayhue is unexpectedly released from prison and lures Holly to the Mayhue Excavating warehouses under the guise of Victor.
    

Five people enter the storehouse, but only three walk out.

Hope you enjoyed this, dramatic snippet from the fourth book in the Always Cambridge Series, Law & Order : Crime & Chaos. Nothing sexier than a man laying it all on the line for his woman.

 Follow the saga from the beginning... Always Cambridge 
The Cambridge series should be read in sequence.

Check out the linky list below for all the MSS participants.
Have a Sexy Saturday!  

1 comment: