Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Friday 21 November 2014

#MySexySaturday The Thanksgiving Edition

Welcome to the 69th week of My Sexy Saturday.

This week’s theme is our sexy Thanksgiving. We know what you’re thinking. Thanksgiving is about families. What’s more sexy than family?  After all each started with a story about a man and a woman finding each other and deciding on a family. Think of all the wonderful romances that happen at this time of year. 

You know the ones we’re talking about. Sister brings home friend, brother falls for friend and on and on.

So this week show us all the characters love family. Maybe it’s someone who doesn’t have one and suddenly they find themselves with one. It could be about someone who has always looked in and wanted a home with all the trimmings including a family. There are many ways to be thankful and we’d love to hear some of those wonderful stories.

This snip blends with the spirit of family and two people who are eternally grateful and thankful for each other. Always.

Blurb : Always Cambridge Book One

The Always Cambridge Series chronicles the life of Holly Cambridge through her tumultuous childhood and violent teen years and the consequences that stem from being the daughter of mob boss, Bill Cambridge.


* * * *

Holly Cambridge is just a typical kid, or so she thinks, until one day, she takes a good look around and realizes her friends don’t have bodyguards dogging their every step.
 

At the age of sixteen, Holly is assigned a new bodyguard, Randy Phillips. He is a tall, muscular, God-like force in the young, impressionable and lonely girl’s life. He is her friend, her confident, her conscience, and the older man she adores beyond reason.
 

Randy Phillips is fully aware of his young charge’s adolescent crush on him. Although he is flattered by the adulation, he maintains a safe distance and professional demeanour until Holly is wounded in a rival family blood feud, and the course of both their lives is changed forever.

Excerpt:  

 As the door closed I saw her shoulders slump. She covered her face with her hand. She wiped away a tear. I stood to go to her, but Paddy reached her first. He opened up his arms and she dove into them. He held her and talked to her softly. I couldn't hear his words but occasionally, I saw her nod. Then finally she giggled. She parted from him and he wiped her tears away. Just like I had seen him do for her when she was little. He unwrapped a candy from his pocket, handed it to her, and she popped it into her mouth.

“That’s my girl. Now, come on, let me help you get those dead birds out. There’s no way these tiny little spaghetti arms can lift those twenty-five pounders. Randy!” Paddy called. “We need some help with some dead bird carcasses.” He was just trying to be silly now to make her happy.
 

“Eeewww,” she replied wrinkling her nose. “I think I just lost my appetite.”

Holly laughed as I approached but I could see her eyes were still glistening and sad. It made me hate Cambridge even more than I already did. He didn’t deserve her tears.

Holly took Paddy’s hand and they walked through the kitchen door together. “I love you, Paddy.” I heard her say.

He patted her shoulder awkwardly. But I knew he loved her too, even if he couldn’t say it.

Though, I had to hand it to her. She left her own sadness at her father’s rejection behind and she threw herself, like only Holly could, whole-heartedly into the role of perfect hostess. She made every wise-guy there feel comfortable and at home. She served and fetched for everyone. I found myself watching her everywhere she went. She laughed and she joked. She knew individual things about every one of these guys so that she could hold a conversation with each of them. She knew all of their kid’s names. And more stuff about them that I didn’t even know. These guys were not just here to protect her. We weren’t just employees to her. She cared about us. She made us her family.

A family. That was what she wanted, a family to love and to love her in return. She craved it from her father and her sister. From me. She wanted to be cared about. She wanted to look after people and have them look after her out of mutual feeling. I knew what that was like. To feel alone, like no one cared. There was no one to take care of her. Maybe that was why she and I had always clicked. Even when she was so young, we just wanted desperately for someone to give a shit about us. I ached for her.

Follow the saga from the beginning... Always Cambridge 

I hope you enjoyed this week's snip. Don't forget to check out the other MSS authors from the linky list below. 

Have a Sexy Saturday 
and for those celebrating, enjoy a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment