Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Thursday 4 January 2018

Release Day Blitz - Uncuffed [The Vault] by Michelle Dare #contemporary #romance


Title: Uncuffed
Author: Michelle Dare
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Cover Design: Designs by Dana
Photographer: Darren Birks, Inc.
Models: Darren Birks and Khandace Charest


Blurb:

What started out as a necessity, soon turned into an addiction. Hope craved the high stealing gave her. She put her childhood dreams aside and embraced her life as a thief. Target after target, she took their money before moving on to the next unsuspecting victim. Then she met a man in a bar who flipped her world upside down.

The blood in Rowe’s family ran blue. Following in his father’s footsteps, he became a detective, vowing to protect and serve his community. By day, Rowe went after criminals and by night his only pursuit was women. He had no time for dating; his only commitment was to his job. But Hope stole something of his that was worth more than money.

The last person a detective should desire was a career criminal. Although, something about her made Rowe need to keep Hope uncuffed. All she wanted was to protect a good man from going down with her when the inevitable happened. Following their hearts led them down a dangerous road, especially since they lived on opposite sides of the law.





Michelle Dare is a romance author. Her stories range from sweet to sinful and from new adult to fantasy. There aren’t enough hours in the day for her to write all of the story ideas in her head. When not writing or reading, she’s a wife and mom living in eastern Pennsylvania. One day she hopes to be writing from a beach where she will never have to see snow or be cold again.

Author Links:
Newsletter Sign-Up: http://eepurl.com/bt14zX

Buy Links:
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2Dja9jr


Quickly, I bend down and throw her over my shoulder. One of
my arms holds her legs down while my free hand swats her ass.

“You asshole!” she screeches.

“I don’t play. Now you know.”

She’s trying to kick me but not succeeding. Her fists thump
against my back as I take long strides to our table. At the last minute,
I decide to go past our seats to the pool tables. Luckily, one of them is
empty. I drop her ass right on the table. Balls scatter as she flails before righting herself.

Her eyes blaze with fury. “You’re a dick, you know that?”

“Yup. Now stay here.” I point at her. Then I walk back to the bar
and grab four more shots of whiskey. I don’t want to drink much, but
apparently, she wants to prove a point. Fine. So be it. I won’t let her get
plastered, but she’ll have a hell of a buzz by the time we leave here.
I’m surprised to see she hasn’t left the pool table. Her eyes are on
me as I walk back. I place two shots down on the wooden ledge of the
table and tip one of the remaining two down my throat. She swallows
both shots, one after the other, and slams them down on the green felt.

“Hey, watch the felt,” I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and jumps down. “Up for a game?”

“Depends. Are we betting?” I drink down my other shot.

“Of course we are.”

“What are the stakes?” Oh, I can’t wait to see what she comes up
with.

She walks around the table, collecting the balls, racking them up.

“If I win, you drive me back to my apartment and walk me to my door.

No goodnight kiss, no good night fuck. Especially, no more caveman
bullshit.”

“Fine. And if I win, I take you back to my house and we do whatever I want. No bullshit. No smart-ass attitude.”

She sticks out her hand, already swaying slightly on her feet. We
shake, then I pull her in close so our chests are touching. “Deal,” she
says breathily.

“Your ass is mine, darlin’.”


No comments:

Post a Comment