Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Wednesday 2 August 2017

#FreeBooks + Q & A with Special Guest, Author Rebecca Lee @rebeccaleebooks

I'm thrilled to have hot romance author, 
Rebecca Lee, as my special guest today. 
We hope you enjoy our little Q & A.

View photo in message
  View photo in message
View photo in message








* * * And don't forget to join Rebecca's Reader's Club! * * *
20 free books - Details near the end of the post, plus links to her perma freebies!



What was your favorite book as a child/teenager? ๐Ÿ“•

I was definitely a Tom Boy. “Where the Red Fern Grows”. A great story!


Who was the first author or what was the first book you read that introduced you to the genre that you most enjoy writing in?

I could lie to sound different or admit the reality: E.L. James.


Have you always been a writer, even from your earliest recollection? Has being published always been one of your goals? And if not, what made you take that leap to submit your work to potential publishers?

I haven't always been a writer. I started doing it just in the last few years. I bumbled around through high school. Not much of a student. And then didn't make it through college. Junior college actually. I've always loved stories and I guess like a lot of writers, I love the escape of sitting there and creating this world from nothing.

My goal was try to create extra income for myself when I got into it. It's hard work. But I love the interaction with my readers. They keep me going.



Is there a particular word you overuse or writing technique that your editor(s) ride you about?

I would say I rush my dialogue way too often. I really admire the writers who write excellent dialogue. The kind of interactions which also move the story and characters forward. It's something I am studying and working on.


Have you ever suffered from writer’s block? (Or do you even believe in it?) If so, how were you able to overcome it?

Yes. For sure. I basically have a schedule where I write no matter what. Some days it's not good. Some days it is. But I just do it. Not long. Like an hour or a little less a day.


If you could bring one of your own characters to life, who would it be and why? 


I loved Josie from “The President's Lover”. To me she is like a lot of younger women who start out with very little as far as means. That's how I tried to write her amid the extraordinary circumstances she was in.


What are you reading right now?

I am a huge Amanda Heartley Fan. Anything by her. She tells great stories and she writes great. Her scenes are HOT too.



When you read, do you prefer a stand-alone or a series?

Both are great. If they are holding my interest, I'll keep reading!


What would you like to be remembered for?

Great question. I need to give that some thought. I might find even better stories and writing if I give it some thought and find an answer.


Do you believe in love at first sight? And if so have you ever been so afflicted? Did you do anything about it? (Did you go for it?) ๐Ÿ’˜

I do. And I thought I experienced it. Turned out to be a false alarm with time.

I think every girl maybe wants to believe in that. I don't ever forget the power of that concept when I write stories. It's exciting and not to be taken lightly. I know I believe in it strongly.



If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Why?

I have a Spain fetish. You'll see that alive in my novel series “Forbidden”.

I am happy anywhere but I bet I'd be really happy there.



If you were to do a reality show, which one would it be?

I love the one where the consultant comes in and helps turn around struggling Bar/Restaurants. The ultimate would be to have a successful restaurant. Except I can't cook!


What is the craziest, most exciting, or most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?

I actually did have short fling with a TA in college. The class was coming to an end but it still hadn't ended. Wish it would have helped my grade. But he was only a TA.

When it ended, I looked back and realized that was definitely pretty dangerous. I was pretty conservative from a conservative family growing up.

We still keep in touch. But not touch, touch.



Name a celebrity, athlete, musician, etc. you’d most like to get naughty with. ๐Ÿˆ๐ŸŽธ

George Clooney. That's been the same for the last 10 years! I guess I like older men. Or at least fantasize about them.


If they were to make a movie about your life, what would the title be?

Many New Beginnings Every Day


What is your favorite way to promote or connect with fans? ✉๐Ÿ“ง

I prefer facebook messenger direct messaging or email. Whatever works for the individual fan. I am so grateful to them for their support.



Favorite movie? ๐Ÿ“บ ๐Ÿ“น

Has to be Princess Bride! 


Dream Vacation? ๐ŸŒด

Anywhere with a beach, no people and a hunky lover. ๐Ÿ’ช


Dream Car? ๐Ÿš—

One that I can finally pay off! I am close. As long as it runs, I am happy.


Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? ๐Ÿจ

Neopolitan. (I have a hard time making up my mind, so it's the perfect flavor!)


Fave Authors? ๐Ÿ“

E.L. James. Amanda Heartley. Meghan March. Rebecca Lee....ha


Fave Books? ๐Ÿ“š

Anything Grey of course!


And last, what can readers look forward to next?

I have two things I am working on. One is the next book in one of my novella series. I am keeping it a surprise. And then a new full length novel. In that one, I am going to combine the elements of the things the readers really love in my books into the next one.

The other big area is I am trying to grow my Reader's Club. It's Free to join and you get 20 Free books from all my series. My goal is to have a place where all the HOT Romance books are discussed. Not just my work but all the best that's out there. Anything that tickles our most torrid fantasies! Here is 
the link.

To reach me, you can go basically anywhere:







Thank you Kymmie so much for giving the opportunity to connect with your followers!

A pleasure, Rebecca. It was fun getting to know a bit more about you.

* * * Check out Rebecca's perma freebies! * * *
click the link below the book covers


the first book in a three part novel series


 the first in a two book series


the first in a three part novel series


No comments:

Post a Comment